This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the
accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council
for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint
providership of the University of Colorado School of Medicine and
Jackson Hole Seminars. The University of Colorado School of Medicine
is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for
The University of Colorado School of Medicine designates this live
activity for a maximum of 31.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent
of their participation in the activity.
February 3rd – February 7th, 2016
- To review existing guidelines for the treatment of UCPPS
- To summarize clinical trial results for UCPPS
- To review the methods and findings of the NIDDK MAPP Research Network
- To revisit the utility of the transperineal biopsy technique for improved detection of anterior and apical tumors
- To assess the contribution of fusion-MRI biopsies in prostate cancer screening and surveillance
- To establish the overlap in needs for screening patients with prior negative biopsy and active surveillance patients on monitoring.
- To be able to differentiate between facts/realities and Fictions/Myths associated with the enigmatic diagnosis of chronic prostatitis
- To understand that this knowledge can assist in appropriate patient diagnosis and categorization
- To learn to use this information to improve management strategies.
- To describe how medical reimbursement is effecting residency and practice patterns
- To compare economic models of health care
- To construct potential models of future urology training
- Examine contemporary understanding of bladder innervation
- Analyze novel findings of bladder innervation and possible clinical ramifications
- Review “Denerblate” technology and current pre-clinical data
- Evaluate historical role of renal cortical neoplasms biopsy
- Review contemporary biopsy results
- Recognize the role of renal tumor biopsy in overall treatment algorithm
- Review biology and epidemiology of small renal cortical neoplasm
- Relate contemporary ablation outcomes
- Review contemporary CT guided percutaneous ablation technique (ALARA)
- Assess the role of thermal ablation in T1a (minus) renal cell carcinoma
- Examine contemporary role of PCNL in stone management
- Review technique/technology of dual access PCNL
- Analyze contemporary stone management algorithm and opportunities with dual access approach
- Review the history of UPJ obstruction management
- Relate contemporary UPJ management techniques
- Examine contemporary management strategy outcomes
(Objectives listed are subject to change)
The information provided at this CME/CE activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical/clinical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.